Pakistanis and their love for Biryani is no secret. Throughout the country, Biryani is served in weddings, get-togethers and even in funerals.
A new study has revealed that Biryani has turned out to be the most searched food globally in 2019, with an average of 4.56 lakh searches each month.
Earlier, a petition at change.org was signed by 42,000 demanding an emoticon for the most loved dishes of the sub-continent.
The campaign started by an Indian pay television channel gained instant support with around 800 university students in Delhi protesting on streets demanding WhatsApp to launch an emoticon for Biryani.
People are furious as Whatsapp offers a variety of different food emoticons including burgers, pizza, sushi, tacos e.t.c, but Biryani is missing from the list.
Briyani is a mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the subcontinent.
It prepares by mixing a curry, later combining it with semi-cooked rice separately. This dish is especially popular throughout the subcontinent, as well as among the diaspora from the region.
It is also prepared in other regions such as Iraq. It is made with different spices, rice, meat (chicken, goat, beef, lamb, prawn, or fish), vegetables or eggs.
Here is my favourite recipe for Biryani
- Chicken 12 pieces 1 kg
- Basmati Rice 1 kg
- Onion Golden Brown 2 large size
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes 4 large size
- Yoghurt 2 cups
- 20 gm Garam Masalah
- 1 TSP turmeric
- 1 kg of potatoes
- Bay Leaf 1 or 2
- Black Cumin ½ tsp
- Whole Black Pepper 7-8
- Red Chili Powder 1tbsp
- Cloves 4-6
- Fresh Lemon 3-4
- Mint Leaves 1 bunch
- Crushed Cardamom 4-6
- Warm Milk 1 cup
- Saffron Color ¼ tsp
- Saffron (optional) 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil As per requirement
Step-by-Step Cooking Method:
- Add water in a bowl, then add Guard Rice & soak them for 20-25 Minutes in water
- In a bowl, add some water. Then add gram Masalah, salt cooking oil in this water and cook then strain and separate. Then add rice and cook for a while
- In a pan, add cooking oil, ginger garlic paste, cumin, chicken, garam Masala, yoghurt, Bay Leaf, salt
- Red chilli powder, green coriander powder, cumin powder, tomato paste, turmeric and cook then add potatoes and simmer it for 5-7 Minutes
- Fry it for 2 minutes
- Now take a bowel and add prepared masala in it then add garnish ( lemon slices, Tomato slices, Green chillies, Chopped Ginger, Brown Onions, Crushed green coriander, Mint ). Then add boiled rice and repeat this process
- Now add chicken soup, yellow food colour and simmer it for 8-10 minutes
- Scrumptious Biryani is ready to serve