Downing a 1.5-liter bottle of Coca-Cola, a Chinese man passes away
The 22-year-old Chinese man had symptoms such as a swollen stomach and severe discomfort six hours after consuming that huge amount of cola and was taken to a Beijing hospital.
A 22-year-old guy died as a result of a strange beverage-related mishap.
According to the media, he drank a 1.5-liter bottle of Coca-Cola to stay hydrated during the hot weather and died as a result of a deadly gas buildup.
He was brought to a Beijing hospital six hours after consuming that huge amount of Coke, with symptoms including a swollen stomach and extreme discomfort.
Doctors noticed the guy had an increased heart rate, fast breathing, and low blood pressure despite the fact that he had no underlying health concerns. A CT scan revealed abnormal levels in both his intestinal walls and the portal vein, which feeds blood to the liver.
According to the media, “This, in turn, had reportedly caused him to suffer a hepatic ischemia, otherwise known as ‘shock liver,’ which is caused by a lack of oxygen to the organ.”
Staff attempted to resolve the issue by releasing gas from the digestive system and providing medicine, but they were ineffective, and the man died 18 hours later.
The official cause of death, according to Professor Nathan Davies, a biochemist at University College London, remains unclear. Even yet, it’s very unlikely that it was caused by a Coca-Cola overdose.
He wonders that the guy may have died of a bacterial infection rather than a heart attack.
According to the media, “These bacteria could’ve formed a pocket of gas in the intestinal wall, which then leaked into other parts of the body, such as the portal vein.”
To identify the specific cause of death, more studies will be conducted.
Colombia sterilizes 24 hippos on former estate of drug lord Escobar
BOGOTA: Twenty-four out of 80 hippopotamuses roaming on the former ranch of...
Funny animal pet photo awards of the year 2021
The competition attracted nearly 2,000 entries this year. The finalists for this...
French photographer wins Wildlife Photographer of the year 2021
An Explosive Underwater Scene The Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition got...
Israel: A massive winery has been uncovered by Archaeologists
Archaeologists in Israel have discovered a massive 1,500-year-old wine industry. Archaeologists in...
Woman can't stop herself from eating sponges
Claire Louise Owen has stopped purchasing sponges for her home because she...