Actress Kangna Ranaut has been offered security from the Himachal Pradesh government as she publically said her life is under threat in Mumbai.
Chief Minister Jairam Thakur confirmed the news. He told the local news agency that he got a call from Kangna’s sister and a letter from her family in which they asked for security.
Sources said that Queen actress will be protected by a Personal Security Officer and 11 armed policemen including commandos. The decision follows a “renewed threat to the actor after she spoke about drug use among a section in the film industry following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput”, sources said.
The actress thanked Home Minister Amit Shah. She tweeted in hindi, “This proves that a patriot’s voice cannot be crushed by fascists. I am grateful to Amit Shah, if he wanted, he could have advised me to go to Mumbai after a few days but he respected a daughter of India, protected her pride and self-respect. Jai Hind”.
Kangna had earlier informed her fans that she would fly to Mumbai on September 9, as she accused Raut of “empowering those who exploit him” in a new video.
“Sanjay Raut ji, you called me ‘[expletive].’ It shows your mindset…If I criticise Mumbai Police or if I criticise you, then you can’t say I am insulting Maharashtra. You are not Maharashtra. Your people are threatening me, still I will come to Mumbai on September 9,” she said.
“Your people are saying they will break my jaw, they will kill me. Kill me, but this country’s soil is enriched with the blood of those who sacrificed for its dignity and we too will do the same,” she continued.