Being foody and being fit seems two opposite aspects and we barely see fitness freak enjoying tasty treats. However, Shilpa Shetty knows to maintain a balance between her perfect figure and cravings!
‘Dharkan’ actress knows how to keep herself fit meanwhile satisfying her taste buds. She is often seen enjoying delicious meals and cooking various items as well.
Recently, Shilpa shared her recipe to make a banana break with no refined sugar. A sweet food item with no refined sugar seems interesting!
She recently baked son Viaan’s favorite banana bread with walnuts and shared the recipe video on Instagram. She also penned down her thoughts, “Viaan’s favorite Banana Bread with walnuts is an amazingly healthy cake, which is free from any kind of refined sugar or flour. If you’re a complete vegetarian like me, you can even replace the eggs with 1 tbsp of flaxseed powder mixed with 3 tbsp of water acting as one egg replacement. This cake is high in fiber, keeps the kids full, and keeps processed foods at bay.”
Let’s check the recipe and the ingredients!
- 6 – Elaichi bananas or 3 normal ripe bananas
- 2 – Egg yolks
- 3 tbsp – Almond milk
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract or essence
- 1½ tbsp- Maple syrup
- 120 gm – Almond flour
- ½ tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- ½ tsp – Cinnamon powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp – Flaxseed, powdered
- 8-10 – Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas really well.
- Add the egg yolks, almond milk, and vanilla extract/essence to the mashed banana. Give all the ingredients a good mix with a spatula.
- Now add maple syrup and mix.
- Add almond flour, salt, and baking powder, and mix well. You can also add cinnamon powder and then mix the ingredients.
- Add flaxseed powder and some walnuts and mix well.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it into bread or cake mould.
- Put the mould in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. You can add chocolate chips or walnuts for topping.
- Once baked, take out the banana bread and let it cool for about 20 mins.