Teenager to go blind from eating fries

By Aizbah Khan - Web Editor - BOL News

03rd September, 2019

Teenager to go blind from eating fries

Tuesday 03rd September, 2019

A 17-year-old English boy who lived on French fries, potato chips and white bread, as well as an occasional slice of ham or a sausage has been left blind due to the extreme vitamin deficiency in his diet.

British doctors said in a report that His poor diet, which resulted in a number of vitamin deficiencies, led to the boy developing a condition called nutritional optic neuropathy (NON).

Tests revealed the boy had severe vitamin deficiencies and malnutrition damage due to fussy diet.

Researchers at Bristol Eye Hospital said the boy first went to his doctor at 14 because he had been feeling tired and unwell.

The teenager was labelled a ‘fussy eater’ and tests showed he had low vitamin B12 levels and macrocytic anemia a condition bringing larger-than-normal red blood cells.

After being given B12 injections and dietary advice, the boy was sent home.

Three years later, he was taken to the Bristol Eye Hospital after his vision had deteriorated to the point of blindness.


You May Also Like

Parveen Sikander's killer arrested Pakistan

Former MPA Parveen Sikander’s killer arrested

Former MPA Parveen Sikander murder case takes a new turn as the...

Dengue patients risen nationwide Health

Increase in number of dengue victims nationwide

Anti-Dengue Drive in the city during a routine survey found 73 houses...

Forensic report confirms Salahuddin suffered ‘physical torture’ Pakistan

ATM thief Salahuddin suffers physical torture, confirms forensic report

The forensic report has confirmed that the deceased Salahuddin faced physical torture...

Angelina Jolie enjoys roller coaster ride Entertainment

Angelina Jolie’s roller coaster ride goes viral on internet

Actress Angelina Jolie can't refrain herself from indulging in a thrill-filled roller...