BEIJING: China’s death toll from a new coronavirus jumped above 360 on Monday to surpass the number of fatalities of its SARS crisis two decades ago, with dozens of people dying in the epicentre’s quarantined ground-zero.
According to the sources of AFP, The 57 confirmed new deaths was the single-biggest increase since the virus was detected late last year in the central city of Wuhan, where it is believed to have jumped from animals at a market into humans.
The virus has since spread to more than 24 countries, despite many governments imposing unprecedented travel bans on people coming from China.
The World Health Organization has declared the crisis a global health emergency, and the first foreign death from the virus was reported in the Philippines on Sunday.
Earlier today, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Heath Dr. Zafar Mirza said today that there are no cases of coronavirus in Pakistan.
Dr. Zafar Mirza said while addressing the press conference that the suspected coronavirus patients have been cleared.
He also informed that no cases has been confirmed among people who came from China to Pakistan.
He said, “I received the passengers at the airport myself. Pakistan has received testing kits to diagnose the virus which has been imported from different countries and is being used to check the suspected patients.”