Most of us avoid vegetables when we have other mouth watering dishes to eat. Vegetables including Cabbage is also a sideline item and usually people doesn’t like having this veggie as a meal.
But, actually we are unaware that Cabbage is much rich in vitamins and minerals. This healthy vegetable is said to come in different colours such as purple, red, white and green. Currently, this has been used in many dishes because of its numerous health benefits.
However, below are few interesting benefits about Cabbage you need to know:
- Cabbage is an all season vegetable, meaning it is available in the market throughout the year.
- It is one of the oldest vegetables to be cultivated since the 1600s.
- This vegetable comes in different varieties such as red, green, white and purple.
- It is a good source of fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and is low in saturated fat.
- In the form of juice, it cures stomach pain and intestinal ulcers.
- This leafy veggie is low in calories and is must-add food to your weight loss diet.
- This vegetable aids in good digestion as this vegetable keeps the colon and digestive tract in a healthy condition.
Benefits of eating Cabbage for health:
- Prevents Cancer.
- Boosts immunity system.
- It reduces your Risks of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Is beneficial is reducing the risk of Cataracts.
- Cabbage diet is helpful in losing weight because this vegetable is low in calories.
- A good cure for Constipation.
- Cabbage is rich in folic acid and has nutritional benefits for expecting mothers.
Benefits of Eating Cabbage for Skin:
- Cabbage is used in the treatment of different skin conditions such as eczema, acne, insect bites and ulcers.
- It has anti-ageing properties such that it will make your skin look young.
- This healthy vegetable will make your skin appear nourished and clear.
- The juice found in cabbage has cleansing properties. It can make your skin clean and clear. It prevents skin rashes and pimples too.
What happens if you eat too much of it?
If cabbage is said to be good for your overall health, this leafy veggie can also be very dangerous if it is consumed in excess. Excessive consumption of this leafy veggie will lead to the below-listed health problems such as:
It can be consumed in the form of raw juice as this is said to promote faster health benefits.