Focusing both on internal and external beauty is quite needed these days. We not only have to go for repairing ourselves through outer means. However, if our inner health is good, it automatically results as a glow on our skin and face.
As you get older, your skin starts to change. To avoid skin damages or dark circles, we have to bring a slight change in our diet and outer skin care. Having dark circles is something serious to be taken care of.
In addition to age and stress, allergies and genetics play a big role in the way our eye areas look. We may have puffy bags under our eyes or dark circles. Puffiness can often be fixed, but dark circles are harder to get rid of.
Fortunately, there are a lot of home remedies for dark circles. Some general lifestyle changes can help — sleeping more, staying hydrated and trying not to rub your eyes.
Read below to know some common causes of having dark circles:
1. Lack enough water intake: Not having enough water intake of at least 6 litres a day, can cause dehydration. It is important to flush out all the dirt from your body in order to have a glowing and fresh skin.
2. Sleeplessness: Taking a proper rest and sleep for eight hours is known as a balanced lifestyle to have a healthy life and under eyes without dark circles.
3. Stress: Most people who are very stressed out also have sleep problems. Either they suffer from disturbed sleep and toss and turn or due to incessantly thinking don’t get to sleep. They often wake up groggy in the morning.
4. Genetic causes: Many times, the reason for dark circles may be genetic and not be directly related to your nutritional intake. In such a case, you will not be able to get rid of them completely if you take proper care of your diet, it will definitely go away.
5. Lack of proper diet: Junk food, food with enough cholesterol and lack of fresh veggies in your body may lead to damaged skin. It can easily give you dark circles and unfresh skin.
6. Computer hours: Long hours in front of the computer can lead to eye stress and dark circles. Cup your eyes in your palms every hour to relax eye muscles and improve blood circulation.
Also have a look at few home remedies for dark circles:
Mix coconut oil and almond oil and massage gently in circular motion around the eyes for around an hour on daily basis. You can also make the following eye mask that lightens dark area under eyes if used regularly.
2. Tomato Eye Toner
Tomatoes make for an excellent exfoliating agent. It is a hit when it comes to beauty regimes. Mix lemon juice and fresh tomato juice and massage the eye area with this daily. Leave the toner on for about 20 minutes to get best results.
3. Grated Potato
Raw grated potato or even cold raw potato slices have proven to have lightening effects on the skin. It easily lightens dark circles.
4. Herbal Teas
Tea bags are really helpful if we actually know about its benefits. Use these on the eyes especially after doing an eye massage. Chamomile tea bags are wonderful for this and have proven to lighten the eye area dramatically.