5 easy Mango recipes you should try this summer
The summer season is here and if you are a foodie, then this season is just way too special for you as it’s the “Mango” season.
Sweet, tangy, juicy, and indulgent no amount of words can actually define the love for this seasonal fruit.
For any mango lover, this season is no less than a celebration and why not, when there are so many variants available in the market and every variant has a unique taste and flavor. So, to further take your love for mangoes up by a notch, we curated a few interesting mango recipes that you can try this summer.
Here are 5 easy ways to make your summers Mango-Licious:
Mango lassi is perfect this season to beat the heat.
2 cup mango pulp
1 cup mango (diced)
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 ½ cup milk
1/4 cup or 2 tbsp white sugar or honey
5-6 ice cubes
– Place all the ingredients in a blender.
– Blend until smooth and frothy.
– If necessary, chill the mixture until super cold and give it one last stir.
– Pour the mixture into a glass and garnish it with mango cubes.
If you love chaat and mango, then this is a perfect recipe to satisfy both these cravings.
2 cups boiled chickpeas
2 mangoes (diced)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
6-8 mint leaves
3 tbsp. puffed rice
3 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. brown sugar
½ tsp. red chili powder
½ tsp. chat masala
– Take a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, red chili, and chat masala, then put it aside.
– Take a large bowl and combine chickpeas, mango, tomato, and gently mix them.
– Pour the dressing over the chickpeas’ mixture before serving and toss gently.
– Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with mint leaves and puffed rice and enjoy!
Chilled mango mouse for refreshing your summer
2 – Medium-sized mangoes, chopped
1 tbsp – Honey or maple syrup
½ cup – Low fat cream
-Take cream in a bowl and whip it using an electric beater or a wired whisk.
-Whisk the cream on a bed of ice.
-Beat well till the cream is soft and fluffy but do not over-whip or over-beat the cream.
-Puree the mango pieces and add them to the beaten cream and mix well.
-Pour the mango mousse in glasses. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes and serve.
Chicken tacos with mango salsa
This fresh take on tacos is sure to win you over!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. chipotle sauce
1/4 cup canola, vegetable, or olive oil
2 chicken breasts (cut in cubes)
1 cabbage (chopped)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
4- inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup water
1 mango (chopped)
1/4 onion (diced)
1/2 jalapeno (diced)
2 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
2tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pinch of sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 jalapeno diced
2tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
For mango salsa
– Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
– Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
For jalapeno cream
– Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until combined.
– Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
– In a bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, salt and chili powder, water, and whisk to combine.
– Whisk until a smooth batter formed.
– Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
– Dip the chicken in the batter and coat it completely. Then drop it in the pan to fry.
– Let each piece of chicken fry until the sides appear golden and crispy.
– Place the chicken pieces on a paper towel to absorb any liquid.
– In a small bowl, stir together the cabbage with the lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
– To assemble the tacos, warm the flour tortillas. Add a few pieces of the chicken on top, followed by the cabbage, the salsa, and then a drizzle of the jalapeno cream. Serve!
Legendary comedian Umer Sharif finally departure to the USA
Umer Sharif is constantly in the prayers of his friends, fans, and...
Punjab to boost Covid-19 vaccination drive in the province
Punjab health authorities to boost the Covid-19 vaccination drive in the province....
Migraines can be relieved by eating oily fish
A diet high in oily fish, such as salmon, may help relieve...
Dairy foods can help you avoid a heart attack
Scientists discovered that persons who consume foods like butter, cream, and cheese...
An increase in Dengue Fever cases reported in Islamabad
An increase has been reported in the dengue fever cases in the...