The Centre recently proposed a list of foods that should be included in a person’s dietary plan if they have COVID-19 to help improve immunity.
The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly opened our eyes to the value of improving one’s immunity in order to be able to combat diseases and infections effectively. People are succumbing to the virus in the second phase of this pandemic.
A general diet plan that will help preserve muscle strength and energy while also boosting immunity.
The list shared consists of at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables to get an adequate amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Whole grains like ragi, oats, and amaranth are advised.
- Good sources of protein such as chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts, and seeds.
- Healthy fats like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, and mustard oil.
- 5 servings of coloured fruits and vegetables to get adequate vitamins and minerals.
- Small amounts of dark chocolate with at least 70 per cent cocoa to get rid of anxiety.
- Turmeric milk once a day to boost immunity.