Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Aramco attack a dangerous escalation against global security: Crown Prince


Anum RizwanWeb Editor

26th Sep, 2019. 12:56 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
global

Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said that the attack on Saudi Aramco was a dangerous escalation against global security.

According to Arab media, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman gave this statement during his telephonic meeting with the US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper.

They discussed ongoing arrangements to send U.S. troops of a defensive nature to the kingdom and highlighted that a strong narrative needs to be proposed in order to acquire the global security.

Esper added in a call to Prince Mohammad that the US will take what it is necessary to help Saudi Arabia to defend itself.

On September 14, Drone attacks set Saudi Arabia’s two major oil facilities of Aramco on fire.

According to details, First drone hit Abqaiq, site of Aramco’s largest oil processing plant, while a second drone attack started fires in the Khurais oilfield.

Security teams controlled the fire, which caused massive loss.

Aramco says Abqaiq plant is the world’s largest “crude oil stabilization plant”, which was also targeted by Al-Qaeida in 2006.

The attacks were “unquestionably” sponsored by Iran but investigations are still underway to pinpoint the exact launch location, defense ministry spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said at a news conference in Riyadh.

However he said that the strikes came from the north and definitely not come from Yemen, where Houthi militants claimed they had been launched from.

He said a total of 25 drones and missiles were launched at Khurais oil field and Abqaiq processing plant.

They included Iranian Delta Wing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and “Ya Ali” cruise missiles. The same missiles have been used by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, he said.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news