Iran is involved in Saudi oil facilities attacks: British PM

Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

23rd Sep, 2019. 05:30 pm
British PM

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said UK believes Iran was responsible for a major attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities.

He also raising the possibility that the British military could become involved in helping secure the Saudis against future aggression.

While speaking to reporters on his plane en route to the UN general assembly (UNGA) in New York Boris Johnson said there was “a very high degree of probability” that Iran was behind the drone and missile attack on Saudi Arabian two major oil installation.

Johnson Stressed on avoiding any escalation in the recent crisis and said the UK’s has a role as “serving as a bridge between our European friends and the Americans” on the issue.

On September 14 Drone attacks have set Saudi Arabia’s two major oil facilities of Aramco on fire.

First drone hit Abqaiq, site of Aramco’s largest oil processing plant, while a second drone attack started fires in the Khurais oilfield.

Security teams have controlled the fire, which caused massive loss.

Drone attacks have been verified by the interior ministry of Saudi Arabia.

The US and Saudi Arabia have said that they believe the attack was carried out by Iran, and not by Houthi rebels.

However, Iran has denied involvement in the attack.

Responsibility was claimed by Yemen’s Houthis rebels who are battling with Saudi Arabia in Yemen.

After the attack Saudi Arabia displayed Iranian drones and cruise missiles that it said were used in an attack against Aramco facilities at the weekend.

The attacks were “unquestionably” sponsored by Iran but investigations are still underway to pinpoint the exact launch location, defense ministry spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said at a news conference in Riyadh.

However he said that the strikes came from the north and definitely not come from Yemen, where Houthi militants claimed they had been launched from on Saturday.

Adsense 300 x 250