Human misery continues in IoK as curfew blockade enters 74th day

Human misery continues in IoK as curfew blockade enters 74th day

Human misery continues in IoK as curfew blockade enters 74th day

In occupied Kashmir, The strict military lockdown imposed by the Indian government entered 74th running day, today.

According to Kashmir Media Service, people held forceful demonstrations in different areas of Kashmir Valley, to register their protest against the Indian occupation and repeal of special status of the territory by India.

Mobile internet and broadband as well as about two million phones using prepaid SIM cards continue to remain suspended.

Shops in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley usually open only for a couple of hours in the morning and evening to restock supplies, keeping shutters down during the day.

Public transport continues to remain mostly absent and only private vehicles and those with special permits can be seen on the roads. Offices remain almost empty and there are virtually no students in schools and colleges which reopened recently.


Many believe that the continued shutdown is due to popular anger at India’s Aug 5 unilateral action, comparing it to a campaign of civil disobedience.

The protesters at several places were subjected to brute force by Indian police and troops.

Many demonstrators sustained injuries in the brutal actions of forces’ personnel.

The authorities did not allow people to offer Jumma prayers at Srinagar’s historic Jamia Masjid and many other major mosques or shrines in the Kashmir Valley for the 10th consecutive week, since 5th August.

The protesters told media on the occasion that they will continue their freedom struggle despite all odds.

They thanked Pakistani people and Prime Minister, Imran Khan, for supporting their just cause and expressing solidarity with the besieged people of occupied Kashmir.


The communications means including mobile and internet services and TV channels continue to remain shut in Kashmir valley and Muslim majority areas of Jammu region.

News portals are in off-line mode in occupied Kashmir for the past over two months due to continued closure of internet services.

Scores of websites from the occupied territory have last been updated in the early hours of August 5 and till date these portals have frozen.

Even newspapers are not able to update their websites.

Read More News On

Catch all the International News, Breaking News Event and Latest News Updates on The BOL News

Download The BOL News App to get the Daily News Update & Follow us on Google News.

Leave a Comment

End of Article

Next Story