New Year celebrations just a way ahead, few hours left when whole world will be united in celebrations to welcome in 2020 in style.
But, which country will be the first to witness the new year eve celebrations and which will be the last, lets find out below:
With 2020 arriving at different times across the world, here’s a breakdown on who will ring in the New Year first and last.
New Year Celebrations in the first country
Although Fire works in Sydney and New York, with London symbolizes the best celebrations.
However, it may surprise you to hear that Australia is not the first country in the world to welcome the New Year.
The Pacific island of Tonga will ring in the Year at 3 pm according to Pakistan Standard Time.
Tonga is 8 hours ahead of Pakistan.
This makes the tiny island nation the first to head into a fresh year with colourful new year celebrations.
New Year Celebrations in last
After travelling all around the world, the New Year eventually comes full circle – or near enough.
The last place or places to ring in 2020 will be the tiny outlying islands of the US.
Second to last will be American Samoa just 558 miles from Tonga where locals and visitors were celebrating a full 25 hours before.
What time does New Year arrive around the world?
Using Time in Pakistan, this is when the world will welcome 2020:
- 3 pm – Christmas Island/Kiribati
- 4:00 pm – New Zealand
- 6 pm – Most of Australia
- 8 pm – Japan, South Korea and North Korea
- 9 pm – China, Philippines, Singapore
- 10 pm – Thailand, Cambodia and large parts of Indonesia
- 11 pm – Bangladesh
- 12:15 am- Nepal
- 12:30 am- India and Sri Lanka
- 13:00 am – Azerbaijan
- 13:30 am- Iran
- 14:00 am- Turkey, Iraq, Kenya and most of Russia
- 16:00 am- Greece, Romania, South Africa, Hungary and other central and eastern European cities
- 05:00 am- Germany, France, Italy, Algeria, Belgium, Spain
- 06:00 am – UK, Ireland, Ghana, Iceland, Portugal
Wednesday, January 1, 2019
- 7:00 am – Regions of Brazil
- 8:00 am – Argentina, regions of Brazil, Chile, Paraguay
- 9:00 am – Some regions of Canada, Bolivia, Puerto Rico
- 10:00 am – Eastern Standard Time in the US – New York, Washington, Detroit and Cuba
- 12:00 pm- Central Standard Time in the US – Chicago
- 1:00 pm- Mountain Standard Time in the US – Colorado, Arizona
- 13:00 pm- US – LA, Nevada
- 15:00 pm- Alaska
- 04:00 pm – Hawaii
- 16:00 pm – American Samoa
- 17:00 pm – Baker Island, Howland Island
On the other hand Search engine Google jumps into the New Year with a Doodle featuring Froggy the weather frog watching a fireworks celebration.
New Year 2020 is going to be a leap year.
Wish You all a happy New Year.