US Military Space Force officially launched

Komal FatimaWeb Editor

21st Dec, 2019. 11:38 am

New military space force has been launched in the US officially funded by the US President Donald Trump.

According to the US Space Force, Donald Trump has officially sponsored a military space force concentrated on warfare in space.

The new military service has been included in the US Air force. This is the first in almost 70 years.

President had signed a $738bn annual military budget for this service, as funding allocation confirmed on Friday.

President Donald Trump termed space as “the world’s newest war-fighting domain.”

He said, “American superiority in space is absolutely vital amid grave threats to our national security”.

“We’re leading, but we’re not leading by enough, but shortly we’ll be leading by a lot.”

He also mentioned that the force space will enable them to face aggression and control the ultimate high ground.

The military space force will probably be used to secure US assets in space such as satellites present for communication and surveillance.

Note that China and Russia are also heading towards advancements in the military final frontier.

Vice-president Mike Pence had mentioned before that both the countries possess airborne lasers and anti-satellite missiles that the US found it necessary to counter.

Mike Pence said, “The space environment has fundamentally changed in the last generation.”

“What was once peaceful and uncontested is now crowded and adversarial.”

According to details, this space force will be created on the work of US Space Command (SpaceCom) that was built in August.

The purpose of creating SpaceCom was to manage military space operations of the US.

Over 16,000 Air Force and civilian people will be included in the US military space force.

Russian President Vladimir Putin had suggested the US approach in the space as a risk to Russian interests and sought a response from Russia earlier this month.

 

Adsence 300X250