Trump addresses US nation after Iran missile attack

Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

08th Jan, 2020. 09:51 pm
Trump addressed US nation after Iran missile attack

American President Donald Trump said that no Americans or Iraqis were harmed in Iran’s Tuesday ballistic missile strike on two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops.

in his address Trump announced that the U.S. will immediately place new sanctions on Iran “until Iran changes it’s behavior.”

Trump also defended targeted killing of the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani and said Iran appears to be “standing down” and Americans should be “extremely grateful and happy” with the outcome.

Trump further stated “Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon” and he also called for new negotiations to replace the 2015 nuclear deal from which he withdrew the U.S.

Trump said “as we continue to evaluate options in response to Iranian aggression, the United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime.”

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien were also present with Trump during his address.

 

Iran fires ballistic missiles at U.S. troops in Iraq

On Wednesday, Iran launched 15 ballistic missiles against US targets in Iraq to retaliate Gen Qassem Soleimani’s killing by US drone strike.

His killing has raised fears of a wider war in the Middle East.

The target was Al-Asad airbase in Iraq which houses US & coalition forces.

This is a direct route to war between Iran and US.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards confirmed they fired the missiles to retaliate for last week’s killing of Iranian commander.

The statement advised the US to withdraw its troops from the region to prevent more deaths.

Trump responds to Iran missile attack with a carefree statement

United States (US) President Donald Trump has responded to Iran ballistic missiles attack here on Wednesday (today).

Hour-after Iran’s attack at US troop bases in Iraq, President Donald Trump tweeted: “All is well”.

Trump, in his care-free reactionary statement said, “Casualty and damage assessments are ongoing”, but adds, “So far, so good!.”

Iran’s claim

Iran claimed that at least eighty Americans are reportedly killed during Iran missile attacks on US targets.

According to Iranian media, 80 people killed during Iran missile attacks on US targets in Iraq.

Iranian state television said none of Iran’s missiles that attacked US targets intercepted.

Iran launched 15 missiles against US troops at two Iraqi military bases, Iranian state TV said.

Iranian state television, citing an informed source, said that Iran has 100 other targets in its sights if US takes any retaliatory measures.

According to Iranian army, US must withdraw its troops from the Middle East

Adsence 300X250