Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Trump responds to Iran missile attack with a carefree statement


Arhama AltafWeb Editor

08th Jan, 2020. 09:57 am
Double Click 160 x 600
Trump Iran attack

United States (US) President Donald Trump has responded to Iran ballistic missiles attack here on Wednesday (today).

Hour-after Iran’s attack at US troop bases in Iraq, President Donald Trump tweeted: “All is well”.

Trump, in his care-free reactionary statement said, “Casualty and damage assessments are ongoing”, but adds, “So far, so good!”.

He further said that he will be making a statement on the strikes tomorrow.

Iran on Wednesday has launched ballistic missiles attack on US forces in Iraq in the early hours of Wednesday.

Iran launches 13 ballistic missiles in retaliation for the US drone strike on an Iranian general Qassem Soleimani.

His killing has raised fears of a wider war in the Middle East.

The target was Al-Asad airbase in Iraq which houses US & coalition forces.

This is a direct route to war between Iran and US.

US media reports at least 13 confirmed hits, casualties’ number currently unknown.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards confirmed they fired the missiles to retaliate for last week’s killing of Qassem Soleimani.

The statement advised the United States to withdraw its troops from the region to prevent more deaths.

The Pentagon said, “We working on initial battle damage assessments,” adding the bases targeted Al-Asad air base and another in Erbil, Iraq.

“It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting US military and coalition personnel” at Ain al-Asad and Arbil, the Pentagon said.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news