North Korea hailed a test of “super-large” rocket launchers.
The news came out hours after South Korea condemned the state as “inappropriate” for conducting tests due to coronavirus outbreak.
According to South Korea, two short-range missiles had been fired.
North Korea generally rises its missile tests in the spring and the testing has started again despite global coronavirus outbreak, according to the international news agency.
Sunday’s test was of two short-range ballistic missiles fired from the eastern city of Wonsan. They flew for 410km (255 miles) with a maximum altitude of around 50km before falling into the sea, the South Korean military said.
Then on Monday, North Korean state media outlet KCNA reported that it had successfully tested “super-large” multiple rocket launchers.
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said, In a situation where the entire world is experiencing difficulties due to
Covid-19, this kind of military action by North Korea is very inappropriate and we call for an immediate halt,”
The latest test marked the eighth and ninth missiles launched in four rounds of tests this month.
North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles off its east coast on Sunday (March 29).
According to the details, It is the fourth such launch this month. South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the North fired the two projectiles from the port city of Wonsan into the Sea of Japan.
Tokyo’s defence ministry said that the projectiles fell short of Japanese waters and the country’s exclusive economic zone.
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the North fired the two projectiles, presumed to be ballistic missiles, from the port city of Wonsan into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea.