King Salman approves extension in curfew until further notice

Syed Umarullah HussainiWeb Editor

12th Apr, 2020. 09:39 am
Saudi Arabia

King Salman of Saudi Arabia approved the extension of the kingdom’s curfew until further notice due to rate at which the coronavirus is currently spreading.

The state news agency SPA reported early on Sunday that King Salman approved the extension of the kingdom’s curfew until further notice due to rising cases of coronavirus.

The Saudi king has previously ordered a curfew that took effect on March 23, from 7 pm to 6 am for 21 days, to curb the spread of the coronavirus, state media reported.

Last week Saudi Arabia placed its capital Riyadh and other big cities under a 24-hour curfew, locking down much of the population to stem the spread of the new coronavirus.

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health on Thursday said the number of COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom has reached 3,651, of which 2,919 were active, including 57 in intensive care.

Some 685 patients treated and 47 had died, the ministry said.

Adsence 300X250