Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Armed confrontation threat between US and china amid coronavirus


Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

04th May, 2020. 11:09 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Armed confrontation threat between US and china amid coronavirus

A Chinese report has warned the government that the country is facing growing hostility to the coronavirus, which could lead to a confrontation with the United States.

According to the sources, report was presented to top leaders in Beijing by the State Security Ministry earlier this month, including President Xi Jinping.

This is the second time since the 1989 crackdown on Democrats in Tiananmen Square that anti-China sentiment has risen globally, the report said.

As a result, China is facing a wave of opposition from the United States following the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic, which requires the government to prepare for an armed confrontation as the dire situation can prevails between the two countries.

Sources says, the report was prepared by Chinese think tank and the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR), which is affiliated with the country’s top intelligence agency, the Ministry of State Security.

China’s Ministry of State Security did not comment on it so far so it could not determine how serious the Chinese state leaders is in this regard.

Relations between China and the United States have been at their worst for decades. Distrust is growing, over disputed territories of Hong Kong, Taiwan and the South China Sea, ranging from allegations of unfair trade and misuse of technology by the United States.

The Chinese report concludes that the United States views China’s development as a threat to economic and national security and a threat to Western democracies.

The report also said that the United States wants to reduce the influence of the ruling Communist Party of China by damaging public confidence.

The two countries are also blaming each other for the coronavirus spread. Yesterday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo claimed in an interview with a American channel that he had “significant” evidence that the coronavirus had come from a Chinese laboratory.

However, he said the virus was natural and not artificially created.

In response, an editorial was published in the official Chinese newspaper on Monday, alleging that Mike Pompeo was working fraudulently and that if he had any evidence, he should bring it to light.

The newspaper also accused Pompeo of trying to divert people’s attention from the US administration’s inability to deal with the Coronavirus to help President Trump win this year’s presidential election.

Also Read: US warns China of harsh consequence, if found responsible for COVID-19

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news