India has refused to open Kartarpur Corridor for Sikh pilgrims on 29th June.
Pakistan had announced to open Kartarpur corridor on June 29 and India was also informed in this regard but now India has refused to open Kartarpur corridor.
In this regard, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had said that Pakistan is preparing to open the Kartarpur Corridor in the same way as the places of worship are being opened all over the world.
The Foreign Minister said that preparations were underway to open the Kartarpur Corridor on the anniversary of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
But now news has come that India is not in favour of opening the Kartarpur corridor on June 29.
According to Indian media reports, the Indian government has rejected Pakistan’s offer to open the Kartarpur corridor from June 29.
Reports state that Indian officials say that due to the coronavirus and security measures, movement at the borders has been suspended.
Indian government sources said any decision in this regard would be taken in consultation with health department officials and relevant agencies. At the same time, India says that it is not possible to open the corridor on a two-day notice as under the agreement, it is mandatory to give the details of Indian pilgrims to Pakistan seven days before the trip.
Note that Prime Minister Imran Khan had inaugurated the Kartarpur Corridor on November 9 last year but the movement of Sikh pilgrims on the Kartarpur Corridor was stopped to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus epidemic.