At least 17 people have been killed in a car bomb blast in Afghanistan.
The blast took place on the eve of a ceasefire declared by the Taliban during Eid. The blast took place in Logar province near the governor’s office where people were busy shopping for Eid.
Taliban has denied the responsibility for the attack.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that the car bomb blast had “nothing to do” with the group.
Dedar Lawang, spokesman for Logar’s governor told the international news agency that a suicide bomber believed to have carried out the attack.
Interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said, “The terrorists have once again struck on the night of Eid al-Adha and killed a number of our countrymen”.
The Taliban and Afghan government have agreed on a three-day ceasefire starting Friday, the first day of Eid.
Taliban has accused Afghan security forces of re-arresting prisoners who had been released amid peace talks.
The government has released more than 4,000 Taliban members whereas the Taliban had released 700 prisoners under peace talks.
Taliban spokesperson at Doha office tweeted on Saturday that the Afghan intelligence agency, the National Directorate of Intelligence had carried out surprise operations against the released prisoners.
He warned that the administration in Kabul would “bear responsibility for the consequences” if the alleged arrest did not stop.
“They are incessantly raided, detained and put behind the bar by NDS of the Kabul (administration)”.