An official of the White House confirmed that the first lady of the United States (FLOTUS) Melania Trump has “no plans” of leaving the White House until she recovers from COVID-19.
US President Donald Trump first got infected by the novel virus.
The White House official said,
“Melania is aware of the dangers of Covid-19. Potentially exposing others is not a risk she would take.”
It is pertinent to mention here that the FLOTUS tweeted earlier on Friday that she and Donald Trump had tested positive for coronavirus and told that she had mild symptoms.
On Monday, Melania tweeted that she was “feeling good & will continue to rest at home.”
She went on to write,
“My family is grateful for all of the prayers & support! I am feeling good & will continue to rest at home. Thank you to medical staff & caretakers everywhere, & my continued prayers for those who are ill or have a family member impacted by the virus,”
According to the White House official, Melania had decided to stop traveling and appearing at public events as a large number of people were involved every time she had to travel.