US President Donald Trump has formally conceded defeat to his political rival, Joe Biden, in the presidential election.
According to the details, Donald Trump admitted his defeat in the November 3 presidential election for the first time.
The “formal transfer” was announced by Congress on January 20, after the vote count ended, confirming the victory of President-elect Joe Biden.
It is believed that Donald Trump’s statement of defeat came at a time when a crowd of his supporters stormed the Capitol Hill building and witnessed unprecedented scenes of destruction.
Meanwhile, members of Congress were forced to go into hiding, offices were vandalized and Congress affairs were suspended for six hours.
“Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th. I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!” Donald Trump said in a statement posted on Twitter via his social media director.
…fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!”
— Dan Scavino🇺🇸🦅 (@DanScavino) January 7, 2021
This is the first time that Donald Trump has conceded defeat, while he has previously mentioned electoral fraud in every meeting and refused to accept the results.
On the other hand, the Department of Justice, federal courts and state governments have repeatedly convinced Donald Trump that the vote was fair and free.
The lawmakers returned to the House of Representatives following a curfew and a 15-day state of emergency imposed by Washington Mayor Muriel Brown following an attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters.
Washington Police Chief Robert J. Conte told a news briefing that a woman had been shot dead and that three people had died of medical problems due to a lack of timely assistance due to roadblocks.
Fourteen policemen were also injured in the attacks by angry protesters, he said.