The three major European powers, Britain, France and Germany, have condemned the Houthi militia’s airstrikes on the Saudi capital, Riyadh.
The three countries said in a joint statement on Monday that they strongly condemned the January 23 attack on Riyadh.
“The proliferation of weapons, the use of missiles and drones have threatened the security and stability of the region. We reaffirm our commitment to the territorial integrity of Saudi Arabia,” he said.
The Saudi-led Arab League on Saturday tracked down a drone fired at Riyadh by Iranian-backed Houthi Shiite rebels from Yemen.
Ahead of the three European powers, the United States has issued a statement condemning the airstrikes.
“The US strongly condemns the latest attack on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia,” Ned Price, a State Department spokesperson said.
Earlier this month, the Saudi-led Arab Coalition in Yemen said in a statement on Friday that three drones sent to Saudi Arabia by rebel Houthi militias had been destroyed in mid-air.
According to the Arab League, the centre for sending drones to fight attacks is the Yemeni province of Al Hudaydah.
The Arab League insisted that Houthi militias continue to violate international humanitarian law and the Stockholm Accords.