Israeli Army Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi has said that Israel has increased its defense capabilities against enemy countries. He warned new US President Joe Biden against withdrawing from the nuclear deal with Iran, saying it would be a “wrong decision” if the United States returned to the Iran nuclear deal.
“None of the countries we are facing have any intention of attacking us,” the Israeli army chief said in a statement on Tuesday. However, if a country takes action against Israel, we have all the means to defend ourselves.
The Israeli chief of staff sent a message to US President Joe Biden saying it would be “very bad” to return to an agreement with Iran.
He stressed that Israel is free to take action against its enemies anywhere in the Middle East.
He said Israel was threatened by missiles from Lebanon, Syria, Gaza and Iran. “Thousands of missiles will fall on us in the next war, but we will respond on a large scale,” he added.
“We will warn Lebanon and Gaza to leave their homes if war breaks out,” he said. He added that a month-long exercise this year would provide training in comprehensive combat preparation.
Kochavi added that a large number of homes in southern Lebanon contain ammunition and missiles. He revealed that last year the Israeli army bombed more than 500 targets in Syria.
On the other hand Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said in a statement that US broke the deal for no reason. It must remedy its wrong; then Iran will respond.
He wrote on Twitter, “Why on earth should Iran—a country that stood firm & defeated 4 years of a brutal US economic terrorism imposed in violation of JCPOA & UNSC Resolution—show goodwill gesture first? It was the US that broke the deal—for no reason. It must remedy its wrong; then Iran will respond.”
Why on earth should Iran—a country that stood firm & defeated 4 years of a brutal US economic terrorism imposed in violation of JCPOA & UNSC Resolution—show goodwill gesture first?
It was the US that broke the deal—for no reason. It must remedy its wrong; then Iran will respond.
— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) January 26, 2021
Earlier, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu has approved the construction of 800 new homes for Jewish settlers in the Occupied Palestinian Territories in the West Bank. The Occupied West Bank is already home to about 4.5 million Jews.
Benjamin Netanyahu has instructed Israeli authorities to delay approving the construction of 800 new homes for Jewish settlers as Israeli citizens in the occupied West Bank. Netanyahu’s order comes just days before the end of the term of pro-Israel US President Donald Trump.