The London High Court has ruled in favor of Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle in a lawsuit filed by her against the British newspaper The Mail and its subsidiary The Mail on Sunday.
In October 2019, Meghan Markle filed a lawsuit against the British newspaper The Mail and its subsidiary The Mail on Sunday for publishing a personal letter to her father.
The Mail on Sunday published a letter from Meghan Markle to her father in 2018, on which the princess had filed a lawsuit against the newspaper.
Initial hearings in the case were held in the London High Court in mid-early 2020, but in the initial hearings the court remarked in favor of the British newspaper.
The court ruled that the letter was not illegal or a violation of cybercrime.
Meghan Markle’s case was weakened after the court remarks and she had to pay a British newspaper for hiring lawyers during the initial hearings.
After which, in January last year, Meghan Markle had filed a petition in the said court to summarize the verdict in her favor and dismiss the case.
The formal trial of the same case was scheduled to begin in May 2021, but the British princess had requested the court to summarize the verdict in her favor and end the trial before the formal trial.
And now London High Court Judge Mark Warby has ruled in favor of Meghan Markle, saying the British newspaper violated British publishing rules by writing a personal letter to the princess.
According to the reports, Judge Mark Warby ruled in favor of Meghan Markle on February 11, saying the newspaper had violated her privacy by publishing a letter written by a daughter to her father.
The judge ruled in favor of Meghan Markle, saying the letter violated British publishing laws.
Meghan Markle was pleased with the court’s decision in her favor, while the management of the British newspaper expressed surprise and said that she would probably appeal against the decision.
The case was not a criminal but a civil one, which is why no one was convicted or convicted.