The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip has been admitted to a hospital after he complained about “feeling unwell”.
According to a statement made by the palace, Prince Philip was taken to King Edward VII hospital as a precautionary measure which is not related to Covid-19.
“His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening,” the statement said.
“The Duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s Doctor, after feeling unwell,” the statement continues.
“The Duke is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”
He is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.
Furthermore, Prince Philip had been feeling unwell for a few days, the source said, but that it was not related to coronavirus.
Earlier in January, the Palace announced that Prince Philip and the Queen had received COVID-19 vaccinations from a household doctor.
The couple has been spending the coronavirus lockdown in England at Windsor Castle with a small household staff, nicknamed HMS Bubble.