Natanz nuclear facility hit by ‘sabotage’, says Iran’s Nuclear official

Komal FatimaWeb Editor

12th Apr, 2021. 12:04 pm

A nuclear facility in Iran has been hit by “sabotage” after it released new uranium equipment.

As per the details, Iran’s top nuclear official Ali Akbar Salehi has said that the nuclear facility has been hit by sabotage. However, he did not mention who was to blame for the “terrorist act”.

It is important to mention that the “terrorist act” led to a power failure at the Natanz complex south of Tehran on Sunday.

On the other hand, Israeli public media cited intelligence sources who claimed that the attack was the result of an Israeli cyber-attack.

What did Iran say?

A spokesperson for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI), Behrouz Kamalvandi, said an “incident” had occurred in the morning involving the nuclear facility’s power network.

There had been “no casualties or leaks”, Mr. Kamalvandi had said to Fars news agency.

Later, AEOI head Ali Akbar Salehi gave a statement in which he described the incident as “sabotage” and “nuclear terrorism”.

“Condemning this despicable move, the Islamic Republic of Iran emphasizes the need for the international community and the International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA] to deal with this nuclear terrorism,” he said, according to the state TV.

“Iran reserves the right to take action against the perpetrators,” he added.

The IAEA said it was aware of the reports of an incident but would not comment.

Adsence 300X250