Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Coronavirus Updates: Punjab reports first death, nationwide tally rose to 916 cases


Muhammad UsmanMultimedia Journalist

24th Mar, 2020. 04:50 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Coronavirus Updates

First death from the novel coronavirus has been reported in Punjab. Nationwide tally of confirmed cases surge to 908 cases.

According to the provincial health minister, the patient  a 57-year-old admitted to Mayo Hospital.

Provincial Minister of Punjab for primary and secondary healthcare, Dr Yasmin Rashid confirmed on her official twitter handle.

In her Tweet She wrote:Unfortunately, a #COVID19 Patient Afrasiyab, aged 57, who was admitted in Mayo Hospital, lost his life today. These are indeed difficult times for the whole country. Only way we can fight this pandemic is by staying indoors and following the precautionary measures.

Total confirmed cases: 916

  1. Sindh: 407

  2. Punjab: 265

  3. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 38

  4. Balochistan: 110

  5. Islamabad Capital Territory: 15

  6. Gilgit-Baltistan:80

  7. AJK: 01

Deaths: 06

  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 03

  • Sindh: 01

  • Balochistan 01

  • Punjab 01

The total number of coronavirus cases rose to 908 as new cases were reported from all parts of the country.

According to the national National Command and Control Centre for the coronavirus, out of the total of 916, 407 cases were reported in Sindh, 265 in Punjab, 110 in Balochistan, 80 in Gilgit-Baltistan and 38 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, whereas 15 people were diagnosed with the deadly virus in Islamabad and one in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

Dr. Zafar Mirza addressed a press conference and shared details of the confirmed coronavirus cases. He said of these reported cases 37% are women and the remaining 63% are men. In last 24 hours, 89 patients have tested positive for the coronavirus. 78% are coronavirus patients  had a travel history from Iran, the special assistant added.

Six patients have recovered from the virus so far.

Interior ministry on Monday authorized the deployment of the Pakistan Army in all provinces, the Islamabad Capital Territory, and Azad Jammu and Kashmir to fight Coronavirus outbreak.

 

Punjab, Sindh, and Azad Kashmir have already declared a lockdown while other provinces and the capital city imposed a section 144 to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

 

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news