Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack in Kabul: FO


Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

06th Mar, 2020. 07:32 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack in Kabul: FO

Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said in a statement that Pakistan strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Kabul, which resulted in the loss of several precious lives and injuries to many others.

The spokesperson added “Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have suffered in this tragedy and we are relieved that the leadership has remained unharmed.”

Voluntary repatriation of Afghan refugees from Pakistan underway

She said that Pakistan had consistently supported a negotiated political solution of the Afghan conflict.

“This is a historic juncture. Pakistan urges all the parties to work together in a constructive spirit for establishing durable peace and stability in Afghanistan,” the statement concluded.

Earlier this week, Taliban attack killed at least 16 Afghan forces in Imam Sahib district of Kunduz province.

Afghan security forces informed the local news agency today that the Taliban took another 10 soldiers into prison.

Fatima Aziz, a PM from Kunduz, said: “16 were killed Baghe Shirkat.”

Trump holds phone conversation with Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar

The Spokesman of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, Zabihullah Mujahid Tweeted that President of the United States Donald Trump held a phone conversation with Chief Taliban negotiator Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar.

The conversation occurred a few days after the US and Taliban signed a troop withdrawal agreement in Doha.

United States of America and the Afghan Taliban signed the peace deal in Qatar – the capital city of Doha after a long spell of negotiations, here on Saturday 29 February.

Taliban deputy leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and U.S. envoy Zalmay Khalilzad inked the deal in an opulent hall in a five-star hotel in Dohar, Qatar.

Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Quraishi attended the ceremony on special invitation. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo witnessed the signing.

A peace deal between warring parties comes after Washington had announced a “reduction in violence” (RIV) deal, which has largely held.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump emphasized Afghans to seize the opportunity for peace and “a new future”.

Donald Trump said in a statement, “Nearly 19 years ago, American service members went to Afghanistan to root out the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks. In that time, we have made great progress in Afghanistan, but at great cost to our brave service members, to the American taxpayers, and the people of Afghanistan.”

 

 

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news