Brazil has become the second deadliest country in the world in terms of deaths from the coronavirus.
According to the data collected, the global pandemic Coronavirus has killed more than 425,000 people and infected more than 7.6 million worldwide.
In the last 24 hours, Brazil’s health ministry stated that Brazil recorded 909 deaths, bringing the death toll in the country of 212 million to 41,828, surpassing the United Kingdom.
Experts warn that the actual number of coronavirus cases in Latin America’s largest economy could be much higher at 828,810.
Mike Ryan, director of the World Health Organization’s emergency department, told reporters in Geneva that the situation in some parts of Brazil was “very serious” and that intensive care units were more than 90 percent full.
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who last week threatened to withdraw from the World Health Organization on ideological grounds, dismissed the virus as a “minor flu” and criticized state officials for imposing lockdowns. ۔
It should be noted that Latin America is currently the centre of the novel coronavirus that appeared in China late last year.
More than 1.5 million people have been infected in Latin America so far, with more than 76,000 deaths, and there are no signs of a slowdown in the virus spread.
Record daily cases in the United States
Coronavirus has killed more than 114,000 people in the United States, while a record number of daily cases have been confirmed in two densely populated states of Texas and Florida this week.
Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that it’s important that we remember that this situation is extraordinary and that the global pandemic is not over.
On the other hand, US President Donald Trump and many local officials are committed to normalizing the world’s largest economy.
The coronavirus and the resulting lockdowns have led to rising unemployment in the United States, with more than 44.2 million people applying for financial benefits since they lost their jobs in mid-March.
Court proceedings in Italy
On the other hand, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, one of the countries most affected by the coronavirus, was questioned by prosecutors about the government’s initial response to the pandemic.
Investigations into the quarantined “red zone” in the northern part of the country are underway, while in Bergamo, the families of 50 affected people have lodged complaints about how to deal with the crisis.
To which the Prime Minister of Italy had replied that all investigations are welcome, citizens have a right to know and we have the right to respond.
In addition, lockdowns are being lifted in Europe and many countries are preparing to open borders on a limited basis.
France has decided to open non-Schengen borders from July 1. Tourism is being restored in Greece but British citizens are banned there, while citizens of Spain, Italy and the Netherlands will have to undergo a test on arrival.
In addition, checks on land borders will be abolished in Germany, while games will be allowed in Italy from June 25.
War is not over
Meanwhile, health experts have warned that the virus is far from being stopped, as World Health Organization (WHO) chief Adianum Ghibriass saying the “war is not over”.
Due to the threat of a pandemic, lockdowns have been imposed in 11 residential areas in the southern part of the Chinese capital, where the cases are related to the nearby meat market. Nine nearby schools and kindergartens have been closed in Beijing.
In India, there have been 308,196 cases confirmed, 8,884 people have died and 154,303 people have recovered from the virus.