Refund process of successful Hajj applicants will start from July 2
The Ministry of Religious Affairs has announced that the refund process for all successful Hajj 2020 applicants will start from July 2. The applicant’s bank is required for a cash refund of dues.
According to the details, the Ministry of Religious Affairs has decided to pay the dues to the applicants for Hajj 2020. In light of the decision of the Saudi government, all successful pilgrims will be returned to the nation.
The spokesman for religious affairs said that the process of return of Hajj obligations will start from July 2 with the nominated banks across the country. All the applicants have started sending SMS.
The spokesperson said that the bank of the applicant is required for a cash refund of Hajj dues while the group leader has to come to the bank with the documents of all the persons to collect the dues by check.
In case of closure of the concerned bank branch, payment from another designated branch will be possible. In case of difficulty in the refund, please contact the Accounts Officer Refund 0519208465 of the Ministry.
It may be recalled that Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Noor-ul-Haq Qadri said that the Ministry of Religious Affairs has decided to refund the Pakistani pilgrims. After settling the necessary issues, the pilgrims will be informed via SMS.
It should be noted that this year’s Hajj will be performed with a very limited number of pilgrims of various nationalities but Saudi Arabia’s residents.
Last year’s Hajj was performed by about 2.5 million pilgrims from across the world but due to the ongoing pandemic in the world, many people will not be able to travel to the Kingdom to perform Hajj this year.
The decision was taken on Monday by Saudi Arabia due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and to preserve global public health.
The Saudi government has taken this decision “in light of the continuation of the pandemic and the risks of Coronavirus spreading in crowded spaces and large gatherings.”
The statement regarding Hajj of 2020 issued by Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah stated that,
“A very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia would be able to perform it. This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols.”
This year’s Hajj will start from 28 July and will end on August 2, 2020.
FO told EU Pakistan not responsible for Ashraf Ghani's failure
Pakistan cannot be held accountable for the failure of the exiled Ashraf...
Green line buses will reach Karachi today
The first batch of 40 Green Line BRT buses will reach Karachi...
LCCI urges Ogra to revise POL items price fixation formula
LAHORE: The Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has urged the...
Sindh takes notice of the mobile towers installed in populated areas
The Sindh government has ordered an investigation about mobile towers fixed in...
FM Qureshi to visit UK to discuss Afghanistan situation
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi to visit the United Kingdom to discuss...