Attacks will stop after U.S exit from Afghanistan: Taliban

Web DeskWeb Editor

30th Aug, 2021. 10:05 pm
Zabihullah Mujahid

The Taliban has stated that the group will clamp down on Islamic State attacks and anticipates them to end once foreign forces have left the country.

“We hope that those Afghans who are influenced by IS… will give up their operations on seeing the formation of an Islamic government in the absence of foreigners,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid stated in an interview.

“If they create a situation for war and continue with their operations, the Islamic government… we will deal with them,” he added.

Whereas, a shocking suicide blast attack claimed by IS in the exterior of the Kabul airport on Thursday has killed a number of innocent people who were expecting to escape the country, as well as 13 US forces members.

Reciprocal or preventative strikes by the U.S on IS locations over the past few days have infuriated the movement in the country.

The Pentagon said it conceded out a drone strike against an automobile intimidating Kabul airport that had been linked to IS.

“There is no permission for them to do such operations… our independence must be respected,” he said.

The withdrawal process of tens of thousands of foreigners and Afghans who feel in danger of retaliation or suppression under the Taliban rule is due to end on Tuesday, along with the complete extraction of US and NATO troops.

On the contrary IS has been extremely critical of the troop removal deal struck between the Taliban and Washington last year, which saw the Taliban offer safety assurances.

During the Taliban’s prison break splurge this summer to free its battalions, many battle-hardened IS activists were also freed.

 

Adsence 300X250