Punjab imposes new restrictions amidst Covid upsurge
The Punjab government has declared on Wednesday new restraints to challenge the latest upsurge in Covid-19 cases in the region.
The Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department, the limitations have been levied in 25 districts except “high disease prevalence” cities where a lockdown was announced on August 27, stated a notification issued by the authorities.
“This order shall come into force with immediate effect in territorial limits of Punjab except for High Disease Prevalence Cities (Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Khanewal, Mianwali, Sargodha, Khushab, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala, Rahim Yar Khan) and shall remain in force till 5th of September 2021,” read the notification.
“However, this department’s order of even number dated 27.08.27 shall remain in force in High Disease Prevalence Cities of Punjab.”
Following are the restrictions outlined in the notification:
- Markets will remain open till 10 pm with Sunday to be observed as a “closed day”
- Indoor dining shall be allowed with 50% occupancy for vaccinated individuals till midnight and outdoor dining will be allowed under the strict implementation of Covid SOPs.
- Indoor weddings/ functions will be allowed with a maximum limit of 200 vaccinated guests. However outdoor weddings shall be allowed with a maximum limit of 400 guests under the SOPs.
- Only vaccinated people will be allowed to visit shrines
- Cinemas will remain closed
- There shall be a complete ban on indoor gatherings with outdoor gatherings to be allowed with a maximum limit of 300 individuals.
Nearly 2 MLN people have died in a year from work-related stress: UN Agencies
Nearly 2 million people have died from work-related reasons each year, including...
Pakistan receives 0.5 mln doses of Sputnik vaccine from Russia
Pakistan has received 0.5 million doses of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine, stated...
COVID may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
The SARC-CoV-2 virus, that causes coronavirus, has been shown to infect a...
EU contributes 200 million extra COVID-19 vaccine doses to Africa
To assist fight the COVID-19 pandemic on a global scale, the EU...
Syrian province of Idlib faces wave of Delta variant infections
The Syrian province of Idlib, one of the last remaining rebel strongholds...