Quetta: 4 martyred, multiple injured in suicide blast; PM condemns TTP
Three personnel were martyred in a suicide attack near a Sohana Khan Frontier Corps (FC) check post on the Mastung road.
A spokesman for the Anti-Terrorism Department said a suicide bomber on a motorcycle blew himself up near a security forces vehicle on the Quetta-Mastung road this morning.
The blast killed three security personnel and injured about 20 others, who were taken to hospital, he said.
The injured included 18 security personnel and two passers-by, Quetta Deputy Inspector General of Police Azhar Akram said.
Meanwhile, Mohammad Khorasani, spokesman for the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement.
According to the bomb disposal squad, five to six kilograms of explosives were used in the suicide attack. After the blast, law enforcement agencies cordoned off the scene collected evidence and launched an investigation.
PM Imran condemns the incident
Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned the suicide attack of the banned TTP on the FC check post on Mastung Road in Quetta.
In his Twitter message, the Prime Minister expressed his condolences to the families of the martyrs and prayed for the recovery of the injured.
“Condemn the TTP suicide attack on FC checkpost, Mastung road, Quetta. My condolences go to the families of the martyrs & prayers for the recovery of the injured. Salute our security forces & their sacrifices to keep us safe by thwarting foreign-backed terrorists’ designs.,” he said.
Federal Minister for Human Rights Shirin Mazari also expressed condolences to the families of the martyrs.
In a Twitter statement, she said, “Condemnable TTP attack today on FC checkpost in Quetta today. Condolences and prayers go to the families of the martyrs – our brave security forces continue to thwart the designs of terrorists esp the RAW-funded TTP.”
Provincial Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langu called for a report on the incident from the concerned authorities and in a statement strongly condemned the attack on the forces.
“The war on terror will continue until peace is fully achieved. We have been fighting terrorists with all our might and will continue to do so in the future,” he said.
The Balochistan Home Minister said that such incidents would not lower the morale of the forces.
Earlier on August 22, a captain was martyred and two soldiers were injured in a terrorist attack in the Gachak area of Balochistan province.
The ISPR said in a statement that Captain Kashif was martyred and two soldiers were injured when a security forces vehicle collided with an explosive device planted by terrorists.
On August 20, two children were killed and three others, including the driver, were injured in a suicide bombing near a vehicle carrying Chinese nationals in Gwadar district.
On August 15, a soldier was martyred and two others, including a major, were injured in a terrorist attack on a Frontier Corps (FC) vehicle near Loralai district of Balochistan.
Earlier on August 8, a blast in front of Serena Hotel at Tanzeem Chowk near Jinnah Road in Quetta killed two policemen and injured 12 others.
Kim Kardashian’s Met 2021 look breakdown
No one takes their look as serious as Kim Kardashian for Met...
Senior PML-N leaders, Nawaz to join heads in London against PM Imran
LAHORE: Senior Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders have applied for the United...
iPhone 14 Pro models to replace notch with punch hole cutout
iPhone 13 series was launched on September 14 and not long after...
Saudi Arabia remains China’s top oil supplier as arrivals surge
RIYADH: Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter, kept its ranking as...
Actress Aamina Sheikh, her second husband welcome baby boy
Pakistani actress Aamina Sheikh, who called it quits with Mohib Mirza after...