Top Banner Ads Across site (Mobile) Adsence 300X250
Post Page Banner Ad

Police arrest six more suspects in Sialkot lynching case

ATC sends 18 accused on 15-day physical remand in Sialkot lynching case

ATC sends 18 accused on 15-day physical remand in Sialkot lynching case— Image: File

LAHORE: Punjab police on Sunday arrested six more suspects in lynching incident of a Sri Lankan man in Sialkot, Bol news channel reported.

On directive of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, police continued raids against the suspects and arrested six more people during the last 16 hours after identifying them through videos and mobile calls data.

Usman Buzdar directed the police to proceed the investigation in a scientific way.

The spokesperson of Punjab police said the suspects were seen torturing the foreigner in videos. Some of them were wielding batons, he said.

Read more: Scores arrested in Sialkot lynching case

“Police is using modern technology to trace the suspects at houses of their relatives and friends,” he said.

According to the investigation so far, out of the 124 detainees, role of 19 accused has been determined to be of more primary nature.

A day ago, Punjab Chief Minister’s Special Assistant for Information Hassan Khawar had said that police had conducted 200 raids and arrested 118 accused including 13 prime suspects for lynching and burning the body of a Sri Lankan national over alleged blasphemy.

In a press conference along with IG Police Rao Sardar Ali Khan, he had said that the police had obtained footage from 160 CCTV cameras while additional video and data sources such as mobile data and call records would also be reviewed.

“Significant progress has been made in the probe and the further investigation is still ongoing,” he had said.

Read more: Religious clerics, scholars condemn Sialkot lynching attack

He had said the remains of the slain would be handed over to the Sri Lankan embassy through the interior and foreign ministries.

“No one will get any concession and if the authorities commit negligence, action will be taken against them,” the special aide had said.


Download BOL News App for latest news