Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Suzuki Fronx Dominates the streets of India

Suzuki Fronx Dominates the streets of India

Suzuki Fronx Dominates the streets of India

Maruti Suzuki Fronx

Advertisement

In a stunning success story, the Maruti Suzuki Fronx has emerged as the latest sensation in Maruti’s Indian lineup, capturing the hearts of consumers since its April 2023 launch. With an impressive average monthly sales figure of over 10,500 units, the Fronx is proving to be a significant player in the highly competitive Indian automotive market.

Dynamic Duo: Engine Options and Transmission Choices

The Fronx’s success can be attributed to its versatile offerings, boasting two engine options. The 1.2L Dual-Jet Dual-VVT naturally aspirated petrol engine delivers a solid 89hp and 113Nm, while the 1.0L turbocharged Boosterjet petrol engine packs a punch with 100hp and 147Nm. The transmission choices provide flexibility, with the 1.2L engine available with a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT gearbox and the 1.0L turbo option offering a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Sales Dynamics: Turbo vs. Naturally Aspirated

Interestingly, sales data reveals a preference for the naturally aspirated variant, with the 1.2L engine contributing a whopping 92.9% to the overall volume. In contrast, the turbo-petrol variant holds a 7.1% share, averaging around 750 units monthly.

Advertisement

Transmission Trends: Manual vs. Automatic

Consumer preferences lean towards the manual version, as the Fronx manual claims a 76.2% share in overall sales, leaving the automatic (AT + AMT) with a 23.8% share.

Features That Wow: The Fronx’s Allure

The Fronx’s appeal goes beyond its performance, with a rich array of features. LED multi-reflector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels, and a 9-inch HD Smart Play Pro+ infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto grace the exterior and interior. Safety is a priority, with six airbags, a 360-degree surround camera, ESP with hill-hold assist, and more.

Export Success: Fronx’s Global Impact

Beyond India, the Fronx has found success in international markets. In South Africa, the vehicle has achieved massive popularity, resulting in long waiting lists. The factory is working tirelessly to meet the demand and expand production.

Advertisement

Pakistan’s Conundrum: Suzuki’s Limited Presence

While the Fronx triumphs in India and South Africa, Suzuki’s presence in Pakistan is constrained to small hatchbacks. Previous attempts, like introducing the Vitara and Ciaz, were met with market challenges due to high prices and a perceived lack of amenities compared to international models.

The Need for Policy Overhaul in Pakistan

Despite the potential of models like the Ertiga, XL6/XL7, and Fronx in the Pakistani market, Suzuki faces barriers to entry due to the oligopolistic nature of operations. A policy overhaul is urgently needed to stimulate the auto industry and boost sales, which currently languish at a 20-year low.

While the Maruti Suzuki Fronx celebrates success in India and beyond, the road ahead for Suzuki in Pakistan appears challenging without significant policy changes to encourage diversity in the automotive market.

Also Read

Easy Installment Plans for Suzuki Alto in 2023
Easy Installment Plans for Suzuki Alto in 2023

In the ever-evolving landscape of the Pakistani automotive industry, Suzuki, the country's...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Read More News On

Catch all the Business News, Breaking News Event and Latest News Updates on The BOL News


Download The BOL News App to get the Daily News Update & Follow us on Google News.


End of Article

Next Story