FIR has been lodged against Karachi Electric (KE) amid electrocution incidents recently occurred in Karachi after heavy rains downpour.
The FIR was lodged in the name of father of the boy electrocuted at defense along with two friends.
The case was registered on the request of Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar. The case has nominated CEO KE and owner Arif Naqvi as accused.
According to the details, the case was registered with attempt of murder charges. Six hour long discussions were held before finally registering the case against KE.
Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar before tried to register the case under his name, but was refused. Police told Mayor to register the case in the name of family of the deceased.
The case was later registered in the name of grieved family nominating top officials and owner of KE.
Due to heavy rains in Karachi, 15 people have been electrocuted till now and two more lost their lives as of today.
Mayor Karachi said that case has been registered against KE and he hopes impartial investigation is being done and responsible people are punished.
Yesterday three motorcyclists were electrocuted to death on Khayaban-e-Shahbaz in the Defence Housing Authority (DHA). They received the electric shock from a pole from which current had spread out into the surrounding rainwater.
According to police, all three young men were friends. Two friends initially got hit by the current, while the third friend died trying to rescue them.
The deceased were identified as Faizan, Hamza and Talha. They were from Gujarat, Punjab and all three lived in the same building in defense. Their bodies were sent to Gujrat after their funeral prayers were offered at the Tooba Masjid.
It should be noted heavy downpour and urban flooding left at least 22 people dead including women and children due to electrocution and various other rain-related incidents in recent spell of rain in Karachi.
K-Electric stated on Sunday that some areas would not receive power even on Eid days. K-electric spokesperson said the main challenge in working to resume the power supply was due to the flooding in the grid stations and installation areas.