Reward announced for identifying miscreants choking Karachi sewerage lines

Arhama AltafWeb Editor

25th Sep, 2019. 12:45 am

Sindh Information Minister Saeed Ghani announced on Tuesday Rs100,000 reward for anyone identifying the miscreants involved in deliberately throwing garbage on the roads and choking sewerage lines in Karachi.

Saeed Ghani made the announcement while speaking to the media on Tuesday.

He said anyone who makes video of, send it to the Sindh government via WhatsApp and help arrest these miscreants would be rewarded with Rs100,000 prize money.

The minister said the problems in the city were being “created” on purpose. “The reason behind this is that if the sewerage, garbage and water issues are resolved then their politics will end.”

He said such actions were causing more damage to the city’s infrastructure, despite the provincial government spending funds to resolve the issues.

“If we arrest these 10, 15 mischievous persons, even if we have to distribute Rs5 million among 50 people, then it is no cost,” Ghani said.

He said that the Sindh government had to bear extra costs because of some elements who choked sewerage lines and break water pipes on purpose.

He added that in addition to garbage, debris was also dumped on roads, which was a crime.

On Sunday, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had made similar remarks and said that “so-called friends of Karachi” had choked 24 dia sewers in the city’s Malir 15 area by placing boulders and stones which would have led to leakage to sewerage water on the metropolis’ main roads.

The Sindh government last week initiated a cleanliness campaign dubbed Clean My Karachi after facing criticism over failure to clean the metropolis.

Adsence 300X250