Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Dua Mangi released after payment of ransom amount, claims police

Arhama AltafWeb Editor

08th Dec, 2019. 09:45 am
Double Click 160 x 600
Ransom amount paid for Dua Mangi's release

Dua Nisar Mangi, who was kidnapped by four armed men from Bukhari Commercial Area in Phase 6 of Karachi’s Defence Housing Authority (DHA), returns home on Saturday following payment of hefty ransom, claims the police.

Talking to reporters, Dua’s mother told that while Dua has returned unharmed but is severely traumatized and is taking medicines.

Her family denied to pay any ransom amount for her release.

Dua’s kidnapping shocked the entire city and raises questions on the efficiency of police in Sindh.

The Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Sharjeel Kharal of South Range, who was also heading the investigation into kidnapping, said the abducted girl reached her home safely in the wee hours of Saturday, but the investigation is under way and its findings would be shared by the police soon.

According to police sources, Dua Mangi’s family had paid Rs1.5 million to Rs2 million ransom amount for her release.

The Police claimed that during the investigations the family did not cooperate with us and directly negotiated with the criminals on their own without involving the law enforcement agencies.

The sources said the investigation team had met Dua at her house but she was very upset and stressed out to inform us in detail about the whole episode.

On November 30, Dua Mangi was taking a walk with her friend, Haris when 4 to 5 armed men forced the girl get in their vehicle. When her friend Haris showed resistance, they shot him and sped off with Dua.

Haris Fateh Soomro, who was shot in the neck and sustained wounds in chest, is still in critical condition in a local hospital.

Dua’s worried family and friends accompanied had enraged protesters and activists to stage a sit-in at the busy Clifton junction.

They chanted against slow progress in the case and stressed on the lax security for women in the country.

A senior police official, told a local media that a preliminary probe into the case had revealed that a criminal gang had intercepted the Dua and her friend as they were walking on the road, injuring the boy and kidnapping her for ransom.

Soon after the kidnapping incident, various people posted on social media, informing the public and the concerned authorities of the incident.

This was the second major kidnapping incident of a girl in the Defence Housing Authority as earlier another young girl, was kidnapped in the same manner in May this year and was later released after her family paid a handsome ransom to the kidnappers.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news