Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Dua Mangi reached home safely, sources

Arhama AltafWeb Editor

07th Dec, 2019. 01:54 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Dua Nisar Mangi reached home safely, sources

Dua Nisar Mangi, who was kidnapped by four armed men from Bukhari Commercial Area in Phase 6 of Karachi’s Defence Housing Authority (DHA) on November 30 has reportedly arrived her home safely.

According to sources, Dua Mangi has arrived home after been kidnapped for 7 days.

Dua’s uncle has clarified her arrival at BOL News.

On November 30, Dua Mangi was taking a walk with her friend, Haris when 4 to 5 armed men forced the girl get in their vehicle. When her friend Haris showed resistance, they shot him and sped off with Dua.

Haris Fateh Soomro, who was shot in the neck and sustained wounds in chest, is still in critical condition in a local hospital.

Dua’s worried family and friends accompanied enraged protesters and activists to stage a sit-in at the busy Clifton junction.

They chanted against slow progress in the case and stressed on the lax security for women in the country.

A senior police official, told a local media that a preliminary probe into the case had revealed that a criminal gang had intercepted the Dua and her friend as they were walking on the road, injuring the boy and kidnapping her for ransom.

However, the girl’s family had so far not received any ransom call.

The police officials on Tuesday have recovered the vehicle used for the kidnapping of Dua Nisar Mangi near Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi.

Karachi Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) East Tanveer Alam Odho and special investigative team of Dua Mangi case reached the spot.

Furious protesters blocked the metropolis’ famed Teen Talwar, or Three Swords, intersection in Clifton on Tuesday, concerned over the sluggish pace in Dua Mangi’s kidnapping case and demanding her immediate recovery.

Sources claimed that, Dua’s father told the police that her daughter had a fight with a boy named Muzaffar 10 days before her kidnapping.

The incident took place at around 8pm on a secluded road near an open-air Dhaba in Bukhari Commercial area.

Soon after the kidnapping incident, various people posted on social media, informing the public and the concerned authorities of the incident.

An FIR had already been registered at Clifton’s Darakshan Police Station against unidentified men on behalf of the injured man’s father, Abdul Fatah.

This was the second major kidnapping incident of a girl in the Defence Housing Authority as earlier another young girl, was kidnapped in the same manner in May this year and was later released after her family paid a handsome ransom to the kidnappers.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news