Prime Minister Imran Khan said in a Tweet ” I want Pakistanis at home and abroad to come out on 5th Feb in support of the 8 million Kashmiris who have been besieged by 900k Indian soldiers for almost 6 months by the fascist racist Modi regime.”
It is pertinent to mention here that the Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to start the countrywide campaign on Kashmir issue from January 25.
Yesterday, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced the news while addressing a press conference in Islamabad along with Special Assistant to PM on Information, Firdous Ashiq Awan and Communication Minister Murad Saeed.
He said on the directives of the prime minister the campaign would be launched across the country to show solidarity with Kashmir people who were put under siege by BJP government since August 5, 2019.
FM Qureshi said “India is acting deceitfully. It is trying to create a false impression in the world suggesting that Pakistan is exaggerating the facts.”
‘The ground realities are completely the opposite. Things have normalized,” he added.
He said that India had also “put up an act or two” whereby they “arranged” a visit for MEPs (Members of the European Parliament) and took 14-15 envoys for a very limited visit to Srinagar where there was no free access provided to the region or an opportunity for interaction with the detained leadership of Kashmir.
The FM Qureshi announced the following schedule of the Kashmir campaign.
- January 25- Launch of Kashmir campaign across the country.
- January 27- Culture show in Islamabad
- January 28- Photo exhibition at major art galleries of the country, showing the struggle of Kashmiri people.
- January 30- Seminar on Kashmir issue.
- January 31- Kashmir Committee Chairman Syed Fakhar Imam will hold a press conference.
- February 3- Ceremony for Youth in Islamabad’s Convention Centre and Ration distribution at Azad Jammu and Kashmir refugee camps.
- February 4 – Kashmir Day at Aiwan-e-Sadr.
- February 5- Human chain in AJK and ‘Kashmir solidarity’ rallies across the country. PM Imran Khan to address the legislative assembly in Muzaffarabad as well as a public rally in Mirpur.