Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chief of Armed Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa strongly condemned the Quetta blast and expressed deep grief and sorrow over the incident.
According to the DG ISPR, Chief of Armed Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa stated “every possible assistance be given to police & civil administration. Those who targeted innocents in a mosque can never be true Muslim.”
FC Bln troops reached Qta blast site. Area cordoned off. Joint search operation with police in progress.Injured being evacuated to hosp.
“Every possible assistance be given to police & civil administration. Those who targeted innocents in a mosque can never be true Muslim”, COAS.
— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) January 10, 2020
Earlier today, twelve people, including a DSP, embraced martyred and 16 were injured in a blast during a prayer at Dar ul Uloom al sharia in Ishaqabad area of Satellite Town.
According to police, the deceased and the injured are being shifted to the Civil Hospital and the nature of the blast is being determined.
Police further stated that the Imam of the mosque and DSP Amanullah among the deceased.
Law enforcement agencies have cordoned off the area and the adjacent road was completely shut off for all kinds of traffic.
It should be noted that DSP Amanullah’s son Najibullah was shot dead a month ago on Sariab Road.
Chief Minister Baluchistan Jam Mir Kamal Khan Alyani strongly condemned the blast and summoned the report.
He also directed for the provision of best medical to the injured.
He further stated that joint search operation with police in progress.
CM Baluchistan said we will not let anyone destroy the hard-earned peace that had been achieved through the sacrifices of the armed forces and citizens.
Baluchistan Home Minister Zia Langove has also condemned the blast and said “terrorists were scared of Pakistan’s development”.
The Provincial Home Minister further said “Internal and external enemies are making failed efforts to create panic and unrest in the country.”