Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qajar Bajwa received telephone call from US Secretary of Defence Mr Dr. Mark T. Esper.
According to the Inter service Public Relations, Both the dignitaries discussed ongoing security situation in the Middle East.
The Secretary expressed that US doesn’t want to seek conflict, but will respond forcefully if necessary, ISPR stated.
In reply Army Cheif said “We would like situation to de-escalate & shall support all initiatives which bring peace in the region.We call upon all concerned to avoid rhetoric in favour of diplomatic engagement. We all have worked a lot to bring peace in the region by fighting against terrorism.”
“We will continue to play our constructive part towards success of Afghan reconciliation process so that it doesn’t get derailed and region goes towards conflict resolution instead of new conflicts”, COAS reiterated.
COAS received telephone call from US Secretary of Defence Mr Dr. Mark T. Esper. Both discussed ongoing security situation in the Middle East.The Secretary expressed that US doesn’t want to seek conflict, but will respond forcefully if necessary. (1/3).
— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) January 8, 2020
“We will continue to play our constructive part towards success of Afghan reconciliation process so that it doesn’t get derailed and region goes towards conflict resolution instead of new conflicts”, COAS.(3/3).
— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) January 8, 2020
Iran fires ballistic missiles at U.S. troops in Iraq
On Wednesday, Iran launched 15 ballistic missiles against US targets in Iraq to retaliate Gen Qassem Soleimani’s killing by US drone strike.
His killing has raised fears of a wider war in the Middle East.
The target was Al-Asad airbase in Iraq which houses US & coalition forces.
This is a direct route to war between Iran and US.
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards confirmed they fired the missiles to retaliate for last week’s killing of Iranian commander.
The statement advised the US to withdraw its troops from the region to prevent more deaths.
Trump responds to Iran missile attack with a carefree statement
United States (US) President Donald Trump has responded to Iran ballistic missiles attack here on Wednesday (today).
Hour-after Iran’s attack at US troop bases in Iraq, President Donald Trump tweeted: “All is well”.
Trump, in his care-free reactionary statement said, “Casualty and damage assessments are ongoing”, but adds, “So far, so good!.”
Iran claimed that at least eighty Americans are reportedly killed during Iran missile attacks on US targets.
According to Iranian media, 80 people killed during Iran missile attacks on US targets in Iraq.
Iranian state television said none of Iran’s missiles that attacked US targets intercepted.
Iran launched 15 missiles against US troops at two Iraqi military bases, Iranian state TV said.
Iranian state television, citing an informed source, said that Iran has 100 other targets in its sights if US takes any retaliatory measures.
According to Iranian army, US must withdraw its troops from the Middle East
“We’ll defend ourselves against any aggression”, says FM Javad Zarif
Moreover, Iran’s foreign minister, Javad Zarif issued a statement after Iran missile attacks on US troops and coalition forces.
Javad Zarif said in his tweet that Iran does not seek escalation or war.
Millions bid farewell to Commander Qassem Soleimani in Tehran today
On Monday, slain military commander, Qassem Soleimani’s funeral was held in vast crowds in Tehran.
Mourners packed the streets for ceremonies to pay homage to top Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei led vast crowds in prayers at the funeral of Qassem Soleimani.
However, he publicly weeps for the general killed by a U.S. drone strike.
The crowd clutched portraits of their hero and gathered at Tehran University.
On the other hand, Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei presided over prayers for the slain Iranian general.
35 killed, 48 sustained injuries in a stampede at funeral of Qassem Soleimani
At least thirty-five people have been killed and 48 others injured in a stampede at a funeral of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in Kerman.
The Iran stampede incident happened in Kerman where the procession was under way.
Furthermore, Kerman, the home town of Qassem Soleimani,
According to Iranian state, a stampede had broken out and left 35 people dead and 48 injured.
Vast crowd of mourners rushed to the town in south-eastern Iran to catch a glimpse of General Soleimani’s coffin.
Diplomatic tensions witnessed rise on International level due to the ongoing crisis between Iran and United States of America.
According to the details, Diplomatic tensions on rise, Demand for US troops to withdraw from Iraq after Baghdad attacks intensified, while; activities on the diplomatic and political front have intensified.
On January 03, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards’ elite Quds Force assassinated.
According to sources, General Qassem Soleimani assassinated by the US forces in Iraq.
However, President Donald Trump instructed to kill the Iranian leader, Pentagon explains.