Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Dr Zafar Mirza urges people not panic over Coronavirus outbreak


Syed Umarullah HussainiWeb Editor

04th Mar, 2020. 12:05 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Dr Zafar Mirza

State Health Minister Dr Zafar Mirza has said on Wednesday that all five victims of Coronavirus in Pakistan are recovering.

He said this in a media talk.

Dr Zafar Mirza said More than 200 people suspected of having coronavirus tested.

He said we well prepared to fight the virus, no schools have been shut in federal capital.

Dr Zafar Mirza said due to the immediate actions taken by Pakistani government, Coronavirus did not spread as compared to other countries.

Dr Zafar Mirza said we are working together at the provincial and federal levels to fight against Coronavirus.

70% of health complaints can be resolved at the primary health level. The government committed to ensuring universal health coverage.

Earlier Dr Zafar Mirza confirmed about the fifth case of Coronavirus in Pakistan in his latest tweet.

“We have now fifth confirmed case of Covid-19 in federal areas,”

The patient stable and being managed well, the health minister added.

Dr Zafar Mirza further requested media to respect the privacy of the family.

Two cases of coronavirus reported from Karachi city, two from federal areas and one from Islamabad.

All patients traveled to Iran where at least 66 people died from virus including senior government officials with over 1,500, confirmed cases.

Automatic thermal scanners

Automatic thermal scanners installed at four airports of Pakistan to check the symptoms of coronavirus in the passengers arriving from abroad.

The scanners installed at Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar.

Medical teams deployed at the airports have so far scanned more than 600,000 passengers arriving by international flights.

Schools in Sindh closed till March 13

It is pertinent to mention that all schools will remain closed till March 13, 2020.

According to the details, Sindh Govt has decided to close all the schools of Sindh.

The tweet of Saeed Ghani said, “Sindh Government has decided to extend the closure of all educational institutions till 13th of March 2020.”

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news