Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah on Friday urged the public to follow government’s orders as the province tightens restrictions in an attempt to contain the spread Coronavirus pandemic.
According to the details, a handout issued yesterday quoted Nasir Hussain Shah as saying that if people continue to ignore the directives issued by the government regarding the lockdown, there is no other way than to take action against them in accordance with the law.
The provincial minister said the decision to lock down had been taken by the Sindh government in a state of utmost compulsion, adding that the people should not consider it a curfew but the government exercising its duty of care towards citizens.
By staying at home, one can protect not only themselves but their families and others from being infected with the virus, the minister urged.
He said the chief minister was worried and was taking all necessary decisions swiftly to protect the people of Sindh from being affected by the disease.
Nasir Hussain added that the chief minister had repeatedly made it clear that the government did not want to adopt any drastic measures, but owing to the presence of some lawless and careless people, if things took a turn for the worse, it would not hesitate to do so.
Supporting vulnerable groups
The information minister further said the government was concerned about those working on daily wages before taking drastic measures and was working on making arrangements to provide rations at their homes with the help of welfare organisations.
He added that without the help of these welfare organisations, delivering rations to every needy person was a difficult task, if not impossible.
“PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari is also very concerned about the distribution of rations among the needy,” Shah was quoted as saying.
“He [Bilawal] was creating awareness among the people about the coronavirus and has also asked the chief minister in this regard.”