CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah refuses to take protocol during Sukkur visit

Syed Umarullah HussainiWeb Editor

16th Apr, 2020. 01:42 pm
Sindh

Chief Minister CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah on Thursday, during the visit to Sukkur refused to take protocol despite of knowing the current situation in the city due to coronavirus.

CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah drove himself the car along with Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah and visited different locations in the city.

He reviewed the measures taken to curb the spread of coronavirus outbreak.

During the visit, Murad Ali Shah urged citizens to follow social distancing guidelines.

It must be noted that almost all coronavirus patients at the Sukkur quarantine facility have recovered and been discharged after they tested negative twice.

Overall 6600 people have been arrested in the Sindh province so far over violation of the coronavirus lockdown.

Earlier today Sindh Government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab said that 340 cases of the coronavirus and four more deaths have been reported in the province.

He detailed in his tweet:

He said that during the past 24 hours, 16 people in the province have also recovered from the illness.

The total number of cases in Sindh has risen to 2,008 while total deaths are now 45.

The death toll from the novel coronavirus rose to 128 in the country after four more deaths reported in Sindh.

Pakistan reported its highest 24-hour jump in cases at 520, according to the data from the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and coordination.

At least 15 more coronavirus cases reported in Punjab, according to data released by the provincial government, taking the tally to 3,232.

The data shows that 550 people in the province have recovered from the illness so far while the condition of 13 others is critical.

Adsence 300X250