Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah said that the provincial death toll due to the novel coronavirus is nearly 300 after new deaths reported in past 24 hours.
On Tuesday he said Sindh has reported 706 new coronavirus cases, taking the provincial tally to 17,947. The province has also reported 19 additional deaths from the virus, taking the total fatalities to 299. The chief minister said that 135 patients are in critical condition while 34 are on ventilators. He added that 131,376 Covid-19 tests have been conducted in Sindh so far.
Murad Ali Shah said a total of 12,907 patients under treatment, 11,373 are in home isolation, 715 at various hospitals and 819 at isolation centres. He disclosed 2252 more patients have been cured and discharged to their homes. The number of people who have recuperated from the disease stands at 4,741, he added.
Earlier today Opposition Leader in Sindh Assembly Firdous Shamim Naqvi asked the federal government to intervene in Sindh province.
“Governor’s rule and financial emergency should be imposed in the province”, Naqvi was quoted as saying. He said t hat provincial assembly of Sindh was scheduled to meet on Wednesday, but now the session has been postponed again.