Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M) Chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal has announced to withdraw his party from the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) led federal government over its failure to implement accords with the party.
While speaking to a National Assembly session on Wednesday, BNP-M Chief said: “I am officially announcing that our party is ending its alliance with the PTI. We will stay in Parliament and will keep talking about issues.”
He added that the PTI had signed two agreements with the party at the time of government formation after the 2018 elections, but not a single point of the accord was implemented.
“If our demands were illegal and unconstitutional then we are ready to face even death. But then all those who have put their signatures on these accords should also face the same,” Mengal added.
Sardar Mengal presented two separate lists of missing persons before the Assembly.
One of the lists contained the names of 18 people who have been recovered so far while the other contained the names of nearly 500 people who had gone missing after signing the agreements with the Imran-led government, he said.
In January, BNP-M leaders including MNA Khalid Magsi, Ahsan Ullah Reki, Israr Tareen, Senator Manzoor Kakar, Naseeb Ullah Badini, Rubina Irfan and Sana Jamali participated in talks with the government as it started efforts to appease its annoyed allies. However, the BNP-M chief Sardar Mengal did not participate in the talks.